3. Kiss stains goodbye.
Yep, we’re absolutely serious. Potatoes may help you remove stains from different fabrics.
- To do this, wash a couple of raw potatoes and grate them in a bowl filled with 0.5 L (0.1 gal) of water.
- Then remove the grated potato and add the same amount of water. Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a sponge to treat the stain with potato water, rub, and wash with clean cold water afterward.
If you’ve stained your hands with berries, beetroot, or other food, simply cut a raw potato into halves and rub your hands clean. Perfect!
4. Keep your leather shoes clean and shiny.
Leather footwear looks and feels great. It’s both comfortable and long-lasting, but it can still get scratched or fade over time. A simple potato can fix it though. If your shoes look worn-out and dirty, try this:
- Cut a raw potato into halves.
- Rub over the entire surface of your shoes.
- Leave for 5 minutes. At this stage, they’ll look matte and somewhat dull. Don’t worry, it’s absolutely ok.
- Wipe the shoes with a soft dry cloth until they’re shiny again.